Interesting Facts about Teeth in Cibolo, TX and Reasons for Tooth Extraction
Most people know that the teeth enamel are the hardest substance in the whole body and that an average adult can have a total of 32 teeth. The teeth are essential for the overall health of everyone at any age. It helps children grow properly, get enough nutrition, develop proper speech, build their confidence, and more.
People would even go the extra mile in achieving perfectly straight and bright teeth by undergoing certain dental procedures. Thanks to dentistry, the teeth can be properly maintained and cared for by offering various treatments for its protection, beautification, or restoration.
Interesting Facts about Teeth
- Teeth just like fingerprints are unique. Dental records can even be used for identifying victims at crime scenes.
- Milk teeth are already formed even before the baby is born, but it would only start to erupt between 6 to 12 months.
- For an entire lifetime, a single person can produce around 25,000 quarts of saliva that is enough to fill in two swimming pools!
- Humans can only have two sets of teeth for their entire lifetime. Baby/Milk teeth and Permanent teeth. Once the permanent teeth are damaged there are no means of naturally growing it back. It requires the expertise of dentists for its proper restoration using multiple dental treatments.
- Others think that the teeth are types of bones, but they are not, they differ in how they look and heal. The teeth cannot repair itself once damaged in contrast to bones.
- Humans only have four types of teeth: the molars, premolars, incisors, and canines.
- Tooth decay is the most common dental problem experienced by children.
- Stem cells are being studied to regrow human teeth.
- An average person brushes their teeth for a total of 38 to 40 days over their lifetime.
Although many dental treatments are available for the proper care and maintenance of the teeth, there are still some instances that would require its removal. It is to ensure the proper dental condition of patients and to prevent any complications from developing.
Reasons Why a Tooth should be Extracted
- Tooth extraction is required to make sure that the infection will not affect the teeth and other oral structures. If the infection is left unattended, it can compromise not only the patient’s dental health but also their overall health condition.
- If a tooth is too damaged from decay or accident to be saved by dental treatments such as root canal or other restorative treatments, it is best to have the tooth extracted. It is to prevent any dental complications from developing.
- To have a successful Orthodontic treatment. People with overcrowded teeth would need to have some of their teeth extracted. It is to make sure that there will be no teeth impaction once the treatment is in progress.
- Impacted teeth, especially with wisdom teeth greatly requires the procedure. Wisdom teeth have a possibility of erupting at a wrong angle that can affect the other healthy structures and even cause pain and discomfort.
At Marbella Dentistry, we perform tooth extraction procedures with the use of sedation to guarantee patient’s safety and comfort for the maximum care of their overall dental health.
Looking for a safe, comfortable, and pain-free procedure? Book an appointment with us at Marbella Dentistry! We have a caring and dedicated staff to help you feel pleasant during your Tooth Extraction in Cibolo, TX.